Lisduggan Farm Smoked Horseshoe Gammon Joint
This gammon joint is a delicious choice for those who appreciate the rich, smoky flavours of traditional Irish bacon.
- Horseshoe Gammon Joints
- Fine cut from middle of the leg.
- Smaller in size, but equally as tender.
- The bones are removed and the pork leg is then cured to produce a juicy, slightly salted piece of meat.
- Check out our recipe section for inspiration
To remove saltiness from the gammon
- Soak the uncooked gammon in cold water for 8 hours for very small joints and up to 24 hours for the larger joints. Change the water halfway through for the smaller joints and every 6-8 hours for the larger joints.
- To test for saltiness, cut a small piece off the uncooked gammon and simmer it for a few minutes in water until it is cooked. Cool it down and taste it to make sure it needs pre-soaking or not.
- If the meat is too salty after being cooked, slicing the gammon and soaking it in boiling water will help remove some of the saltiness.
No more guessing – our easy-to-understand delivery schedule is here for you. Order today to be included in our next dispatch to your location.
Shipping cost is based on weight. Just add products to your cart and use the Shipping Calculator to see the shipping price.