Tesco Ready To Roll Fondant Icing 500g
Ready to roll Great for topping your cakes and modelling sweet shapes.
Pack size: 500g
INGREDIENTS: Sugar, Glucose Syrup, Palm Oil, Water, Humectant (Glycerol), Emulsifier (Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids), Stabilisers (Xanthan Gum, Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose), Preservative (Potassium Sorbate), Flavouring.
May contain peanuts and nuts.
Store in a cool dry place. Do not refrigerate.
Preparation and Usage
- – Knead the Tesco fondant icing on a clean dry work surface until soft and pliable.- Lightly dust the work surface with icing sugar to prevent sticking.
– Roll out the Tesco fondant icing to approximately 4-5mm thick. Always roll out on the same side do not turn the fondant over.
– To cover a marzipanned cake, slightly moisten the marzipan with cooled boiled water
– If the cake is not marzipanned (a sponge cake), cover the cake with a thin layer of buttercream or brush with a very thin layer of boiled apricot jam.
– Fold the fondant icing over the rolling pin as a support, and drape the fondant over the cake and smooth into position with the palm of the hand.
– Trim away any excess using a sharp knife.
– To give a sheen to the surface smooth the fondant with the palm of the hand.
– Tesco fondant icing will set firmly and cleanly without cracking or crazing.
Hints and Tips
– Wrap any excess fondant in cling film and store in an airtight container, in a cool dry place for up to 3 weeks.
This 500g pack is enough to cover a 6″- 7″ (15cm-18cm) round cake
Number of uses
Film. Don’t Recycle
|Typical Values||Per 100g||Per 25g|
|Energy||1735kJ / 410kcal||434kJ / 103kcal|
|* Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||–||–|
No more guessing – our easy-to-understand delivery schedule is here for you. Order today to be included in our next dispatch to your location.
Shipping cost is based on weight. Just add products to your cart and use the Shipping Calculator to see the shipping price.